Counseling SupportFacing cancer can be challenging for you and your loved ones. RBOI provides a support professional to help you and your family/caregivers navigate through these unfamiliar times.
Our Licensed Clinical Social Workers provide one-on-one support and counseling services to you, and to your family members and caregivers. Social workers can help you deal with the physical, emotional, and practical demands you may experience.
Licensed Clinical Social Workers have specialized knowledge of the impact of cancer on individuals and those around them. Our social workers will meet with patients, family members, and caregivers individually and/or together, to help connect them to appropriate resources, support, and services.
These counselors are available throughout your visit and are also available for scheduled appointments. They can also provide assistance for practical needs such as transportation, community resources, education opportunities, and cancer support groups.
Licensed Clinical Social Workers can help by:
- Guiding you through the complex issues of cancer, helping with problem solving, and making sure that your health care needs are addressed
- Helping you, your family members, and caregivers cope with emotional reactions following a cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Educating you, your family, and your caregivers about your cancer and treatment
- Securing financial assistance, lodging, and transportation resources related to your treatment, medication needs, and other care
- Helping you deal with physical changes resulting from surgery or other treatment, like fatigue, pain, sexual health issues, and sleep disorders
- Helping you manage work concerns
- Helping you make quality of life decisions in coordination with your treatment goals
- Arranging for home health care, hospice care, and/or the provision of durable medical equipment
- Performing crisis intervention, including counseling related to grief and loss concern